As part of Anser Advisory, we continue to deliver the same services that have benefitted our legacy government services clientele for decades, but now with greater geographic reach, the strength of a national leader in management consulting services, and a broader variety of complementary offerings.
HIGHLIGHTED SERVICE OFFERINGS
WATER AND WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT
Among our most significant water and wastewater management achievements is the Florida Governmental Utility Authority (FGUA). With an annual budget of $95 million, FGUA’s unique management structure and dispersed geography (systems in 13 counties) demonstrate the practicality of leveraging assets to manage customer rates.
Following a national, competitive procurement process, FGUA was selected to improve, own and operate the water and sewer systems at MacDill Air Force Base. We are proud to serve the dedicated men and women stationed there through a 50-year, $250 million contract.
FGUA manages $360 million in bonded debt and $38 million in contracted utility operations.
Here are a few specific services we provide:
- Contract Management Oversight
- GIS Mapping and Fixed Asset System Improvements
- Construction Management & Inspection Services
- Capital Program Budget Development and Management
- Military Utility Privatization Support
- Website Development & Maintenance
- Records Management
- Real Estate Acquisition, Easement, Title
- Surveying Services
- Full-Service Financial Administration (Grants, Tax-Exempt, and Government Loan Management)
- AWWA Water Audits and Loss Control Programs
SPECIAL ASSESSMENT AND SUPPORT
We’re so much more than “extra hands” for local governments. We not only offer services but solutions. We finalized the first-ever stormwater funding program for a vibrant urban community on Florida’s East coast adapting for sea-level rise. Our in-place special assessment programs generate more than $120 million annually for local governments.
The Florida Department of Revenue calls on us to provide input on non-adValoremm assessments and provide expert opinions to Florida Courts. We serve the Fire Chief’s Association with community-specific programs to fund public safety services.
Annually, our team prepares more than one million property records for local government special assessments. Finally, we are the special assessment administrator for the Florida Resilience and Energy District, a statewide government agency.
Here are a few of the specific services we provide:
- Fire and Rescue (Public Safety) Assessments
- Water-Wastewater Assessments
- Infrastructure Assessments
- Road Improvement Assessments
- Solid Waste Services Assessments
- Stormwater Services Assessments
- Neighborhood Improvement Services
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program Management Services
- Underground Utilities Service Assessments
- P3 Initiatives
- Stormwater Utility Development
- EMS Tax Assessments
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
Experience counts. Mistakes can be costly. We have led more than $1.4 billion in bond financing transactions for utilities, capital improvements, and FGUA refinancing. We developed and implemented a financial assessment program that funded infrastructure for a $1.5 billion mixed-use community. It was a brag-worthy public/private partnership in Sunrise, Florida.
We know how to find money, too. For Dunnellon, Florida, we accessed a USDA Rural Loan and Florida Department of Environmental Protection funding. For the Florida Regional Transportation Authority, we compiled GIS data to estimate revenue for Tax Increment Financing.
We are much more than “an extra set of hands when needed.” We’ve served as Interim Finance Director for several small cities and the Center for Public Safety Excellence, an international organization.
Here’s a partial list of what we do:
- Budget Development and Financial Reporting
- Alternative Funding Strategies
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Service Delivery, Governance, and Operational Modeling Analysis
- Management Audits and Reviews
- Strategic Planning Support
- Payroll Assistance
- Cost Optimization Services
- Internal Service Fund Analysis and Rate Setting
- Cost Allocation Services
- User Fee Studies
- Feasibility Studies
- Internal Control and Assessment Management
- Billing and Customer Data Analytics
- Financial Reporting
GRANTS MANAGEMENT SERVICES
The cost of getting a grant is ensuring full compliance with the rules. And there are usually a lot of rules. Granting agencies are not particularly forgiving of oversights and mistakes. Having us on your side ensures full compliance. We’ve had a lot of experience with FEMA after hurricanes blew through communities leaving them to rebuild. Each procurement and each purchase for each local government has to be validated. It’s an arduous and essential task.
We’ve worked with Affordable Housing, including rehab and replacement of single-family and multi-family homes, infrastructure, public facilities, and more. Hurricanes and disasters do not discriminate.
Then there are 2 CFR § 200 requirements for communities receiving federal grants. This is designed to streamline and consolidate reporting to reduce administrative burdens and demonstrate results.
Yes, it’s a lot. That’s one area where we provide both service and solution.
Here are some others:
- Grants Administration Support
- Grants Eligibility, Intake, and Compliance Services
- Program Monitoring Services
- Financial Monitoring Services
- Florida State Housing Initiatives Partnership and US HUD Small Cities Entitlement programs
- Construction Management and Inspection Services
- Indirect Cost Rate negotiations
- Cost Allocation Plans
- Davis-Bacon Labor Reporting
- Training Assistance for Uniform Guidance (2 CFR § 200)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Did we mention our certification of more than one million parcels annually, earning 50 local governments more than $120 million? That’s just a small part of the millions of GIS data points we analyzed for the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority. While that was a big project, more modest projects include ad hoc analysis and scenario development for local governments. We’re experts in this area. Check with the Florida Department of Revenue, where we were the only private firm to provide input for record layout on non-ad Valorem assessments.
Specifically, we do this and more:
- Database Management Services Assessment Database Maintenance
- Web-based Database Application Services
- Assessment Roll Certification
- GIS Mapping, Development, and Analysis
- Project Management Services
- Data Analytics